Thursday, February 19, 2009

The USPS

I got a card returned to me in the mail today.Magenta had got my latest hair stylist a thank you card for cutting that mop - I so dearly loved - off my head. It made noise and shit. It was a nice card.

What was not nice is how when I went to get my mail, the fucking card was returned with a stamped message:

"RETURN TO SENDER FOR ADDITIONAL POSTAGE *HANDWRITTEN IN HERE: 37 CENTS* FOR UNMACHINABLE MAIL. "

Unmachinable mail. First of all, unmachineable is not a word. Lucky I am so bright and I understand idiot language since it must be dealt with on a near daily basis. Second, why the fuck, why in the FUCK, did someone take the time to stamp a stupid message and hand write 37 cents and then send that shit all the way back to my house? Because where the fucking card was going was 3 blocks from the P.O.

In the time it takes some retard to stamp that shit, weigh it and determine the cents amount, sign the 37 cents, put the envelope back in the mail sorter, have the sorter sort it and have the mailman bring that shit back, they could have just added a stamp and be done with it.

The USPS literally hustled me for 37 cents. They wanted an extra 37 cents to complete my transaction. What are you gonna buy with 37 cents? Candy? a doughnut? some shoe laces to floss your ass?

They need 37 extra cents to look at it and try to figure out where its going, rather than sending it thru a mail sorting machine. Funny thing is they looked at it, and decided, "Nope, no go, nigga we need 37 more cents for this shit."

37 cents is not the problem. My mail coming back after a sent it - to be delivered at a particular time so my hairdresser remembers who the fuck I am - is important. Now my hair stylist gets her card with a fucking stamped message on it. Wow, classy.