Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yooba River: 10-15-08


I don't why I continue to fish this place. The Y really pisses me off sometimes. It was really consistent when I was in high school and now.....yeah, not so much.

3 of us fished all sorts of bugs and hit all different types of water. Not cracking today. Water was good, flows were...?, and the weather was nice. I got a few tugs and landed one about 13" or so. Other dudes I were fishing with got blanked. Was getting hot when we quit around 12:30 PM. Saw some moron fishing above the bridge - that shit is closed fool! You're about to get rolled on.

Not used to fishing other lines besides Sharkskins, I had to put a little more effort to get my line zippin' out. But in some spots I had a shitload of weight so we all know how that goes.

I'm proud of my dog though, he crossed som fast ass water like a champ. If only he had some labby oil up in his coat he'd be floating like a stonefly shuck in a pool.

So fuck the Yuba. Next time I decide to waste my time I'll tie some B/C Hoppers.